Friday, April 06, 2007

Moral hangover

I think I need to figure some stuff out. I don't know exactly what but I feel like I'm lacking focus lately. I engage in all sorts of behavior that's not healthy. I graviate towards drama. I put too much emphasis on attention. That's my problem. I need too much attention. Why am I like that and how do I overcome it? I confuse physical and emotional affection all the time. Over and over, I confuse it. I don't know why I don't learn. It's not the same. If someone is paying attention to me physically, it's not the same as emotionally.

I don't know what I'm talking about. When I worked at Joe's Crab Shack a million years ago we used to talk about waking up with a moral hangover. I have a moral hangover.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

Therapy can help you figure all of that out. Yes, I'm going to continue to harass you about therapy until you beat me up and tell me to stop.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

How do I find a therapist?

6:03 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

Did your insurance for work kick in yet? You can go through them. Go through your provider book and make phone calls. You kind of have to interview them. Find out their experience, their specialties things like that. I do better with female therapists than male so I usually take all male therapists out of my searches. I'm a big fan of cognitive-behavioral therapy.

Oh and double check that your job doesn't have some sort of employee assistance program. Most places do, even small businesses. It's a good way to keep employees from going postal.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home